FDA Launches Search and Rescue Program
The Food and Drug Administration announced the launch of a new online resource for clinicians who prescribe opioids. The program entitled Search and Rescue, is designed to put educational information all in one easy to access location for clinicians to access.
Highlights of the new website include access to:
- State prescription drug monitoring programs
- REM CME programs for extended-release, long-acting opioids
- CDC Guidelines for Opioid Prescribing
- Opioid risk assessment tools
- Fact sheet and other educational information
According to the site, "the Search and Rescue initiative connects clinicians to the tools and resources that can help them proactively identify, address, and reduce prescription opioid abuse in your practice."
Practical Pain Management has also published a supplement on Opioid Prescribing and Monitoring—How to Combat Opioid Abuse and Misuse Responsibly. Check it out, and let PPM know what you think.